Rauscher Farm Nature Programs and Maintenance
Proceeds from Clinton’s Roll of Honor Book will support nature programs and maintenance on Rauscher Farm today and for the generations who come after us. In this sense, Clinton’s Roll of Honor Book project continues what is worthy in our community’s past and present and seeds a heritage for an aspect of our community’s future.
Roll of Honor sponsorship and support monies should be payable to the Clinton Greenway Conservation Trust - Rauscher Farm Fund.
Clinton Greenway Conservation Trust is a non-profit 501 c 3 organization.
- Since June 2008, nature programs and maintenance on Rauscher Farm have been supported by donations, grants, and fundraising activities. This type of support will continue indefinitely so that the voters of Clinton will not incur additional Rauscher Farm related expenses.
- As well as individuals visiting and enjoying the amenities of Rauscher Farm on their own time, members of the Friends of Rauscher Farm have conducted a number of nature programs during the past 12 months with many more planned for the future.
- In June 2009, the Friends of Rauscher Farm orchestrated field trips for about 284 7th and 8th grade Clinton Middle School students on Rauscher Farm.
- The Friends of Rauscher Farm have conducted walking tours for cub and tiger troops.
- The Friends of Rauscher Farm has sponsored two Massachusetts Audubon Society programs on Rauscher Farm with more planned for the future.
As well as routine maintenance, the following are considered high priority focuses for the future Proceeds from Clinton’s Roll of Honor Book will support:
These and similar projects on Rauscher Farm are conducted under the auspices of the Clinton Conservation Commission.
- To design and build trails that would permit as much of Rauscher Farm as possible to be handicap accessible.
- On-site signage, including a map showing the several environments that constitute Rauscher Farm, namely, hay fields, cow meadows, wetlands, woodlands, and Clamshell Pond.
- Survey of invasive species and development of a program to manage invasive species.